Codeine and promethazine is a combination medicine used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, and cough.
Codeine and promethazine contains an opioid (narcotic) cough medicine, and may be habit-forming.
Codeine and promethazine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Do not use this medicine if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others.
Codeine and promethazine is not approved for use by anyone younger than 12 years old.
Do not give this medicine to anyone younger than 18 years old who recently had surgery to remove the tonsils or adenoids.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- lung disease or breathing problems;
- a head injury, brain tumor, or seizure;
- constipation, a bowel obstruction, or stomach problems;
- problems with your bile duct, pancreas, or adrenal gland;
- an enlarged prostate or urination problems;
- uncontrolled muscle spasms;
- a blood cell disorder;
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a severe nervous system reaction);
- liver or kidney disease;
- low blood pressure;
- a drug addiction; or
- if you have a fever and cough with mucus.
|Country of Origin||Unknown|
|Alternate Manufacturer Number||1656248|
|Generic Drug Code||13971|
|Generic Drug Name||Codeine / Promethazine HCl|
|Strength||10 mg – 6.25 mg / 5 mL|